Thursday, July 13, 2006



Silent Just Like Maya

I have learned to keep many secrets in my life....I have learned to keep silent around those whom I do not trust; for I am surrounded by aliens of a different world....I CAN KEEP SILENT
JUST LIKE MAYA.

Silence is golden when found along with beauty
Serenity, patience and peace
Endurance is also needed in this temporary sea
Of humanity for I must keep silent
JUST LIKE MAYA.

One must not strip a kind soul;
No babbling here
For I am speechless
JUST LIKE MAYA.

diamond@2006

My Only Child

Yes, I miss my child
He thinks he is a man
In my eyes, NO......
For he is just getting
His feet wet, he is just
A babe out there in the
Blood soaked streets
A matter of time and
It will be jail or the
Morgue...I hate to
Sound morbid but
A REAL mother knows
Reality when she sees it
I wish I can speak to him
Just one more time but
What can I say that I have
Not already said, sure
He remembers what I
Said, he pulls up the
Pants when he sees me
And if he has enough time
He plays the disappearing act
Sometimes I wonder why
God allowed my heart to get
So close to him like this
This was not suppose to
Happen but I am not to
Question the master of
The universe..........
I see Homeboy trying to gain
My undivided attention
When he is alone, seeking
Guidance and an bent ear
All I can do is pray for him
Night and day
I want him to know that
I am aware of his ways
Thoughts and dispositions
I KNOW MY CHILD.
Everything that I taught him
Is coming to pass for the
Fellows are losing their lives
In the streets and wish they
Had someone like me to care
About them.
My heart may BLEED for him
But my heart won't DIE for him.
I MISS MY ONLY CHILD.
diamond@2006

4 comments:

MsJayy said...

Silence CAN be golden. I find it to be necessary at times & to be another source of healing. Too many people afraid of silence, living loud & wrong afraid to sit still & face their individual truth. It is hard to watch someone that you care about making what you think/know to be wrong choices but at some point, we must let them go off & make their own mistakes. Hopefully they will have retained enough of what we shared with them to choice wisely.

mochasistah said...

Both of these are necessary powerful pieces that can empower the reader to have some action in their life...or not! Perceptive as always and coming from the Diamond view...i love your work and can't wait to see the book. Keep scribing!

Diamond said...

Jackie,

yes...i must keep silent in this neighborhood in which i find myself. keep the folks wondering what i am up to. God is the only friend that I have here.
Yes, I have let him go and make his own mistakes.

Diamond said...

Mocha,

Both of those pieces are necessary for me to keep planting seeds of truth. I like the way you put coming from the Diamond view. yes....i told him right from wrong.