Monday, May 15, 2006

hello and it is great to be writing to you. this seems to be the most reliable free blog that there is at the moment. i kept trying with blog.com even asking for help with their support team and whoa! no help!

well, it has been a week since the book signing gala so i feel somewhat old writing about it now. but i cannot help but mention that it was one of the best weekends that I have experienced in a long time. maybe ever. good clean fun. no loose morals. just clean-cut folks who appreciated the written word by book and by mouth. i cannot believe that they enjoyed my poetree. but they did. i got up there all shy and holding my head down as usual but then as i started reading..."in one room," "an unpaid mistress," "georgia on my mind" and etc...do you think i wanted to sit myself down? NO! i got spoiled. see walee should have never put me on the spot because i got carried away with myself. now i know to always carry poetree in my back pocket. maybe in my bra if it will fit. pocketbook, if i am carrying one on that day. anywhere, just carry some words.

mocha read some nice erotica which the audience wanted to hear of course, but again the audience was of a high class stature. she had to take her shoes off which had to be done in order for the sistah to get down and speak it like it had to be spoken, again.... no immaturity, no jealousy. just business folks without a high-class attitude. now these are the kind of people that i need to be around on a daily or almost daily basis. walee has these kind of people in his world? they are good to go. thanks, chef walee.

walee read certain excerpts and poetry from his newly released book, "what's on the menu?" and of course the audience feasted on every dish that was offered.

everything about this book signing was nice from the time we walked into the art gallery until the time that we left with tc taking us on a grand tour of newark. thanks tc. tc spoke about prolifics network to the audience letting them know that is the group that walee was from and the progress that everyone was proud of him for. everyone passed out business cards if they had them and exchanged thoughts and ideas. yes! i was even invited to first fridays, which is at a club which hosts an open mike every first friday.

you think i wanted to come back home after our brunch on saturday morning? you are right. but i had to and the death-dealing poison was in the air. no, my spirit lives on like i do; it is just that the negative vibes were surrounding me once again. and here i am to tell you about it, pray about it and i know that God has a better plan for me. just let diamond speak!

6 comments:

mochasistah said...

This is sooo real and true. It was a nice weekend. I had a hard time readjusting myself. Five days it took me to get back to me in the chicago area. Folks were very classy but I had to keep it real. Hope I didn't scare anyone but you know what, I didn't even think of that. I just had a good time with good folks. Thanks for adding your spice to a beautiful weekend. You served up your slice nicely. ~Mocha

MsJayy said...

You are a mess Ms. Diamond. LOL I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Every once in a while we need to step outside of ourselves to embrace the possibilities that exist in this world. Here's to your next performance!

Diamond said...

Mocha,

I had a good time with you in all aspects of the visit..from being in the hotel around "those kids in the pool unsupervised" to just having that good brunch....all good!

Diamond said...

Jackie,

Yes I had a very good time. I was in a whole different part of the universe. a whole different area!

mochasistah said...

girl those kids were a mess and half. where were the parents? I remember my mom putting my butt to bed real early. No roaming would have occurred like that. I could have used 2 more days in NJ, because it was a nice road trip for me as well. Keep movin' sistah.

Diamond said...

Sitting here thinking bout those kids with all them toweks in that pool!