Monday, May 29, 2006


two minute poems to share....

CAGE TWO


at pier three
do not bother me
please, for
I sit inside a boxed-in
fence, my cage
music to my ears
women walking by
with dirty barefeet
in red flip flips
with the ghetto strut
and the Donelly shuffle
with ice in the mouth
wondering how they
can get more crack
men walking by and
they do speak with
kindness
children wonder if
the cage is my home
I'm meditating, figuring out
what my next move will be
just like a man playing
chess on a chessboard
let me be in my cage
for this is where
i get my best ideas
outside the cage you
folks are doing your own
thing, so let me do mine
the cage is my protection
for my own relection so
that i can be me.
let me be like a butterfly
with wings for freedom for I
want to be rescued from this
poisonous atmosphere in
which I find myself.
diamond@2006

SHADE

a cool breeze

protection from the sun

standing under a huge tree

uneven branches, scattered

just like some parts of my life

and a strong healthy trunk

like other parts of my life

the tree provided me

SHADE.

diamond@2006



FRONT PORCH

a front porch is what i desire
i get tired of sittin in
i need some fresh air
gettin tired of inhalin
incense just because you
are gettin your high

yo, i live here too
need a front porch
for those warm nights
like tonite, to get away
to listen to stevie
to read my novel
write my poetry
study for my test
give me my front porch
PLEASE
for i need
PEACE NOW!

diamond@2006



PIANO GURL

She sits on the bench
In front of her piano
Sheets of music there are
For her piano keys
There she sits day after day
Nervous brown fingers
Tapping away playing her
Favorite tunes with a sweet
Melodious sound singing with
Her mouth wide open for all
To see and hear her pleasant
And wonderful piano jazz.

diamond@2006



5 comments:

MsJayy said...

I see you're working the poetry tonight (um...make that this morning. LOL) I like them all but my favorites are "Shade" and "Piano Gurl". Keep working it out poetically Sis Diamond!

Diamond said...

Hi Jackie...thanks for stopping by and offering those wonderful comments. I truly appreciated them all. Shade and Piano Gurl are the positive nice gal poems.

mochasistah said...

I love your first two poems best. The rewrite of Cage was great and Shade is very captive to me. I see a lot of growth in your writing. Keep the flow.

Peggy said...

I like Front Porch. I'm praying for one of your very own for you Ms. Sparkling Diamond. Bless You!

Diamond said...

hi peggy,

it is good to hear from you..hoping all is well. you are still your unique self...out there in the midwest. you know i appreciate you stopping by for a moment. yeah..i am still seeking to find a FRONT PORCH....ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!