Sunday, June 18, 2006


My cup runneth over-pray sistah pray...appears that she has the bible open and her hands in the praying position. The white background to me stands for purity. That white gown is freely flowing, comfortable, loose fitting.

alright, this was not meant for a poetry blog, but sometimes it seems like it turned out that way. I have displayed several poems on this site and I will have more to place here. But for now I just wanted to leave a few quotes.

1. "Never be afraid to sit awhile and think." Lorraine Hansberry

2. "If you think you can do a thing, or think you can't do a thing, you're right."
Henry Ford

3. "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
Anais Nin

4. "If you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you think
you will find it?" Buddha

5. "There are two kinds of talent, man-made talent and God-given talent.
With man-made talent you have to work very hard. With God-given
talent, you just touch it up once in a while." Pearl Bailey


Photos to share: on this blog: hey, i am a budding photographer! what can you expect? The above photos.


My Cup

My cup is full
I cannot sleep
Trying to push poetry
My dad is on my mind
School is pressing on nerves
Microbraids falling out already
Feet hurt
Need to get to Georgia
Want a car
Need to move
Family chaos
Medical stuff
Legal matters
Low on stuff
Need to work

AND EVERYTHING ELSE
FOR MY CUP RUNNETH OVER
AND ALL I CAN DO IS be still!

how- be- ever, like grandma used to say

I AM TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

And it's true! Look at my photo at the top. Do I look like I am suffering, or that
God is not taking care of me? As long as I have breath in my body, I am grateful.
For God's grace is sufficient for me!

case dismissed.

4 comments:

MsJayy said...

Girl, you are something else. Like my Grandmother used to say, "Speak truth. Speak life." I too realize that my cup runneth over & it's my goal in this lifetime to share the overflow with others. We are rich, bold, powerful people. That is what we must share with the world. Keep praying, keep believing. I for one will touch & agree with you Ms. Diamond! Namaste!

Diamond said...

Jackie,

When our cup runneth over, we must share the overflow with others...impressing thought. Truth is life. When we speak truth, we speak life....Praying and believing.....

mochasistah said...

i love your blogs. they are truthful, inspiring, so DIAMOND-like! PUsh on my sister. Continue to greater heights...

Diamond said...

Mocha,

Thank you so much. I love your generosity, I love your spirit!